There are jobs - and then there are careers. At GWS we provide our employees with the potential to grow and learn - The opportunity to do the kind of work that adds up to something meaningful.
We are a leader in the New Zealand Engineering welding community and we always have an eye out for keen talent to join our team.
We believe our strongest asset is our team and we take pride in our ability to work and learn together.
Avondale based, a truly special team, small and successful, this business is all about quality working relationships. You will be well supported and trained, working both independently and in a team, with a day full of variety and challenge. It is a junior position for a fit individual who can be relied on to do an honest day's work, the right person will add value to the team.
- Have your own transport
- Forklift experience preferred (will train and certify the right candidate)
- Be fit and physical
- Be reliable with a great work ethic and a willingness to learn
The rest will follow - a career move for someone as a great stepping stone. The opportunities within this industry are excellent, and the team is one of the best. This is an entry level role for someone who might be just out of school, or perhaps not enjoying university and ready to get into the real world. Please send your CV to [email protected] to express your interest in this role.
- NZ owned and operated company
- Be a part of an exciting growth phase
- Competitive package including car and sales incentive
Global Welding Supplies - Importer & distributer of quality welding supplies to the New Zealand engineering industry, is particularly well known for its exclusive distribution of the Kemppi brand on the North Island. GWS is proudly NZ owned and operated, with roots firmly fixed on a kiwi-can-do approach and genuine passion for innovation and creativity.
From humble beginnings in Avondale, we now have over fifteen years' experience and are one of the largest suppliers of welding machines and consumables in NZ. High quality, functional products and an absolute focus on customer service, coupled with a genuine belief that people are the company's most important asset. The business has grown substantially in terms of customer base and profitability, but the core values remain unchanged. As a result of continuing growth, we have an opportunity for a talented Account Manager in the Auckland market.
- Providing exceptional technical and sales support to customers.
- Understanding their businesses and challenges, and providing product solutions to address them
- Achieving sales budgets with existing customers and proactively identifying new business opportunities which fit with the strategic plan of the business
- Preparing proposals, capturing information in CRM and writing succinct but informative reports
- Building strong relationships with customers, exceeding their expectations and demonstrating the company values in all interactions
- Working alongside customers to provide solutions
Prior sales and service experience in the welding industry is essential for this role, as well as a proven track record of sales success and budget achievement with both existing and new customers. Great opportunity for an ex-welder or ex-fabricator that is ready to get out of the workshop and get on the road building customer relationships.
What else is required?
As well as the above, this role requires:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Exceptional organisation, planning and time management skills with the ability to plan days/weeks/months in advance to maximise efficiency
- A high level of professionalism and a track record of positive working relationships and delighted customers
- The ability to self-motivate with a proactive approach and the ability to create positive outcomes and growth
- Good attention to detail in reporting, follow up and follow through
- A team player approach with a "can do" attitude and the desire to make a positive difference
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Suite) with exposure to CRM an advantage
- A valid NZ driver's license
This role is available immediately, so applicants must currently reside and be legally entitled to work in NZ. Applicants from Australia who do not need a work visa to work in NZ would also be considered.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to grow your career in a successful, innovative and growing business. For enquiries please email [email protected]
If your desired role is not listed but you are interested in working in this exciting welding industry, send through your CV as we are always on the lookout for quality people.
We will keep your CV on our records for when an appropriate position becomes available.