WELDbraze 60/40 Tin/Lead Solder - Sn: 60% (Tin) Pb: Pb 40% (Lead)
WELDbraze 60/40 Solder is frequently used for electronic or electrical applications. The narrow melting range makes it suitable for dip soldering baths.
WELDbraze 60/40 Solder is not recommended in high stress or vibration joints in the cooling industry due to lack of sufficient elongation properties. Heat sources include soldering guns, irons, and air-fuel torches.
CAUTION: Lead-bearing solders are not to be used in drinking water systems.
Higher quality general purpose solder
For electrical & electronic applications
The Benefits of Resin Cored:
Resin coured wire is suitable fo safe use on electrical and electronic work such as computers, video recorders, televisions, telephone and telecommunications equipment and other consumer goods without the need to remove the flux residue.
The resin residue remaining after soldering is non-corrosive and non-conductive and as such means that there cannot be any damage to delicate electrical wires and no new electrical paths can form to cause short-outs or electrical malfunction of the equipment.
Procedure for Soldering:
1. Thoroughly clean all areas to be joined of foreign material.
2. Apply 965 Soldering Flux to the work area.
3. Heat the work surfaces indirectly by the use of a soldering iron or by the use of a soft gas flame, such as LPG.
4. Do not overheat.
5. Apply solder to the work area. The molten solder should easily flow and be evenly dispersed in the joint area. Do not over fill with solder
6. Remove heat source and allow to cool naturally until solder returns to a solid state.
7. Remove all flux residues with water.
Joining Process: Soldering only
Typcial Rod Analysis:
Sn: 60% (Tin)
Pb: 40% (Lead)
Tensile Strength: 53MPa
Shear Strength: 39MPa
Approximate Melting Range: 183-190C